In the early 1930s a travelling evangelist, Joseph Lewis, began an itinerant ministry in the villages of Gloucestershire and Worcestershire. The Lord blessed his preaching and souls were saved.
When the war began in 1939 he was providentially led to settle in the village of Catshill. A group of believers was formed into a church and Joseph Lewis became their first pastor. Paul Lewis, his son, succeeded him in 1973, retiring in February 2010. In September 2012 Jeremy Brooks was appointed pastor.